Structural Engineer PE
Bentley Group, Inc. is a full service, multi-discipline firm recruiting for a Structural Engineer. Successful candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years of post-registration experience in structural engineering, that includes participation in a wide variety of bridge and highway structure related assignments ranging from simple highway grade crossings bridges to complex bridge design as well as structural building design.
This position will be responsible for design and preparation of plans, calculation packages and specifications for bridge, miscellaneous structures and building projects, in our Structural department at our office located in Longwood, FL.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Engineer PE
- Minimum 5 years of post-registration experience working as a structural design engineer
- Must be proficient with MicroStation.
- Revit and AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong skills in structural analysis, steel design and concrete design as it relates to transportation and building structures.
- Diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas related to structural design; Geotechnical/Foundations design, Substructure design, and Superstructure design.
- Prepare construction plans for bridges and other transportation related structures using MicroStation
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare construction plans for new building, and modifications to existing building structures using Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Develop contract documents such as calculation packages and specifications and review of construction documents such as shop drawings or contractor requests.
- Coordinate work activities and provide guidance to supporting staff.
- Perform plan reviews and participate in stringent QC/QA process.
- Review and check structural stress analysis calculations, structural steel and concrete drawings, and structural fabrication drawings.
- Undertake detailed structural engineering design.
- Perform structural analysis, calculations and design.
- Ensure civil and structural design.
- Evaluate and design structural systems and components by applying knowledge of structural engineering.
- Assist with structural design of retaining walls.
- Auto Cad
- Bridge Design
- Revit (a plus)